FAQ - Real Estate | JRECHINA Skip to main content
  • What references do I need to get?

    For most individuals you will just need a copy of your passport but some Landlords will not even ask for this.
    If it is through a company and they have special arrangements for renting properties for their employees, then guarantee reference letters will be required, this can be discussed with your JRE sales consultant so they can be provided on time.

  • Who is responsible for contacting the utility companies after I move in?

    Properties either work on a card system which you top up at your local bank and insert into your properties metes, or they work on a running meter which will be read by the utility company and a bill will be sent to you which you can either pay at your local bank or management office.
    We will be on hand to help you with all your bill payments.

  • How do I pay for my rent?

    Payment is usually done through a bank transfer either from your foreign account or from your Chinese account. Some Landlords will accept cash and this may be more convenient for the first payment. We will be on hand to help you with this process.

  • When will the rent leave my account?

    Most Landlords will ask for one month's damage deposit and 3 months rent up front, and you will then pay you rental every 3 months. You may be able to negotiate another payment frequency like monthly or every 6 months, but be sure to check what the Landlord expects when you find a property you like so this negotiation can be done as quickly as possible.
    If you are coming through a company that provides a guarantee letter, then sometimes a damage deposit is not needed.

  • What happens if my rent is paid late?

    Rental is not usually done as a direct debit or standing order and is done manually by the tenant on an agreed date (which we will remind you of). Due to bank processing time it is best advised to make the payment a few days before the agreed date. If you foresee issues with payment on the agreed date, then please inform us as soon as possible so we can discuss with the Landlord and agree a suitable date for the payment to be made.
    Again we will help you every step to ensure you are able to pay on time.

  • If I have any problems during my tenancy who do I speak to?

    If you have problems during your tenancy our after sales team will be on hand to help you. Please contact us on +86 (10) 8458 3518 ext.124 OR +86 13501358992 or by email on aftersales@joannarealestate.com.cn
    If your property is professional manage by Europark then please contact us on: T: +86 (10) 8458 5475 or +86 13501358992

  • If I want to serve notice to vacate my property what should I do?

    If you have a break clause in your agreement, then you should give notice in writing in person to Joanna Real Estate on the agreed time frame as set out by your tenancy contract.

  • What penalties will I incur should I break my lease agreement early?

    If you break your tenancy agreement early without any prior written agreement from the Landlord then the Landlord will retain your damage deposit, and may also demand through the courts of law compensation for the breaking of the tenancy contract.
    If you need to vacate your property earlier than the contractually agreed time then please inform us so we can negotiate with yourself and the Landlord and come to an agreeable solution.

  • How will my payments cease at the end of my tenancy?

    If you have a standing order set up then you should contact your bank directly to cancel your standing order once the last payment has left your account.
    If you pay online manually then there is no action you need to take once you have transferred your last payment

  • What should I do with the keys at the end of the tenancy?

    Keys are returned to your Landlord on the move out date. If you don't have contact with your Landlord then please contact us and we can arrange a time and place to hand over the keys.
    Please note that you will be liable for rent on a daily basis until the keys are returned.

  • What expenditure should I expect at the end of the tenancy?

    As an outgoing tenant typically your costs will be associated with professional cleaning and the inventory check out. Any discrepancies between the check in and check out may result in deductions from your deposit.

  • When is my deposit returned to me?

    Once the check-out has been conducted, then the Landlord under JRE's instructions will return your damage deposit. This can vary between different Landlords but will usually be returned within 10 days of moving out of the property and no more than 28 days.

  • How do I renew my contract after the first year?

    If you want to stay in the property longer than the period of time specified in the tenancy agreement, you should inform JRE 1 to 2 months prior to the end of your tenancy to allow enough time to arrange all the related administration and ensure that the Landlord doesn't re-market the property. A new tenancy agreement will be drawn up and signed by both parties.